What the hell is happening in the world of cricket????

Friday, February 29, 2008

I have told many times in my other blogs that this Indians tour to Australia is the most controversial one. Now, recently, yet another controversy has emerged. Australian opener Mathew Hayden called Indian spinner Bhajji as “obnoxious little weed”. Mathew Hayden told this statement to a radio station in Brisbane during an interview

“It's been a bit of a long battle with Harbhajan. The first time I ever met him he was the same little obnoxious weed that he is now”

After getting this news, the only question that came to my mind is that why Australians are criticizing their opponents like this. Australians are the world champions, but where is the sportsmanship in them???? A champion without sportsmanship is not actually a champion. Is this the team which was led by the great Don Bradman and Steve Waugh??? Why Ricky’s men started sledging their opponents??? This is not the sign of true sportsmanship. I am watching cricket from 1995, I have never seen a series with these many controversies. Exchanging of statements, ICC not taking any severe action against Australian players, what else??? I hope I wont see any other series like CB series in future.

0 comments: